19.2.10

You would not believe your eyes





If ten million fireflies

Lit up the word as I fell asleep.


Do you love Owl City as much as I do? A couple of weeks ago very late at night I stood in a garden and the sky really looked like 10 million fireflies, it was quite the most beautiful sight.

I found this test tube rack in a vintage (which we all know means charity) shop. At first I thought it was a fancy "modern" vase, but further inspection revealed it to have been used for scientific purposes.

One sniff and I was transported back to the Lower 6th, I did all 3 sciences at A-Level. A heady reminder of titration's, sulphuric acid, glass beakers, white lab coats and safety goggles.

I spent a lot of time in the labs

burning biros in the flame of a bunsen burner.


Could somebody please come into the shop tomorrow and perform an intervention?

I need to be separated from a packet of gingernuts.
The point of this post? You can put flowers in pretty much anything.

3 comments:

Jenny Rudd said...

hey Miss P
I LOVE that song. I heard it in a shop recently and stood in there with my 3 screaming littlies while it transported my mind. Beautiful.

Kindergarten Girl said...

I could not believe my eyes when 'Cake Girl' walked into my house last night with gorgeous flowers for me from your lovely shop........ They are enjoying getting soooo much attention x

Anonymous said...

Yes I do! I LOVE tis song. lovely daffs too.