12.7.12

Seasonality

;

We aren't exactly having the best summer are we?

Still, it gives us something to talk about. There is no knowing whether it will be monsooning or bright sunshine. Planning of any sort has gone out of the window, we are becoming a spontaneous nation.

We might start out roasting a shoulder of lamb and thinking about roast potatoes and cauliflower cheese, but after a slow roasting we serve it in pitta Greek kebab style.

If you saw the title, and were expecting me to show off my highly out of season ranunculus, then you made the assumption that I would remember the cable that links camera to laptop.


We'll stir up that hornet's nest another time.

Also that photo of the lemon and the anchovies is the worst ever, but if i didn't include it i would have to write out a long recipe of ingredients, and we'd all be bored. So just pretend the focus point isn't where it is, and that it's shot from above with a French linen tea towel tucked underneath.

7 comments:

Whitney-Anne Baker said...

The cumulative effect of all the yummy food shots was good, hadn't noticed anything wrong with the lemon photo - till you pointed it out.

Jan said...

You make me laugh!:) Love your blog.

Kay said...

mmmm..we where tempted by out of season ranunculus today too...getting a bit bored by whimsical floaty summer flowers and long for berries and bold colours!!

Becca said...

I'm pretty sure that when Jane and I come to your house we are going to want to eat something very much like this.

What is in the blue tin and is it essential?

I became addicted to this kind of food on my holiday. ADDICTED. As in I've never been so glad I live in London so I can eat said food between the hours of 2-5am.

Caro said...

Just yummy!

Mrs T-J said...

I see nothing wrong with the photo of the Lemon and Anchovies only that you have done the same thing to your chopping board as I have. Damn that hot saucepan!

Also Miss P, I know you love roasting vegetables, have you tried cauliflower (I know it's not in season but it is here). Florets drizzled with olive oil sprinkled with grated parmesan and bread crumbs. 180, 45 minutes and I promise you, you will just eat it straight off the tray, tastes really nutty.

Another variation, add whole garlic cloves, baby tomatoes then spoon through penne with more parmesan, olive oil and seasoning. To die for.

Sorry this is so long xxx

flwrjane said...

Well I for one haven't even had breakfast yet but between you and Mrs. T.J. I am now officially hungry.

Are Becca and I invited for the weekend or just dinner?

xo Jane